The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 爱屋吉屋低佣金釜底抽薪 互联网房产中介上演逆袭
- Fixed Income Securities
- 智能家居单品成市场新宠 未来三年或达400亿规模
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 告别“公摊”？住建部新规：买房按套内使用面积交易 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 西安回应楼盘摇号前被内定：确有公职人员打招呼 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 冬奥会致京张楼市掀涨价风 业内：政府应及时制止: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 告别“公摊”计价 中国房价会涨吗？ to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
According to Brett Mills, senior lecturer in film and television studies at the University of East Anglia in the UK, Friends was the first sitcom that directly addressed the problems faced by twenty-somethings. Watching the show feels like reading the story of a young person’s life.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 调控趋紧 楼市“金九银十”行情难现
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
Baoneng is believed to have borrowed heavily to fund its share purchases in Vanke and is now the developer’s largest single shareholder with a 25 per cent stake.